Wedding Parties Roles & Responsibilities
The roster has been posted for team bride and team groom. Now it’s time to assign positions and create a strategy for a winning wedding.
From putting together invitations to hosting pre-wedding events, the members of the wedding party have important roles in making the wedding a success.
What Does the Wedding Party Do?
Mission: Keep Bride and Groom happy and stress-free!
Maid/Matron of Honor:
- She is the bride’s executive assistant for the entire planning process.
- She is the go-to person for planning the bridal shower and bachelorette party (unless you hire Anna).
- She handles many wedding day details including:
- Toasting the happy couple
- Fixing the bride’s train
- Holding the bride’s bouquet during the vows
- Helping the bride get dressed
- Keeping the bride calm, happy and stress-free
- He is the groom’s righthand man leading up to the big day.
- He is the Bachelor party planner.
- He manages many of the wedding day details including:
- Holding the bride’s wedding ring at the altar
- Toasting the newlyweds
- Keeping everyone on the dance floor
- Calming the groom’s nerves and being there for him
- They support team the maid of honor and bride
- Help with wedding planning details:
- Address the wedding invitations
- Help with bridal shower and bachelorette party
- Assist with party favors or other wedding details
- During the big event bridesmaids:
- Keep the dance floor moving
- Support the bride
- Provide planning support to the best man and groom for the bachelor party and other pre-wedding events and projects
- On the wedding day Groomsmen:
- Often play double duty as ushers
- Keep the everyone on the dance floor
- Decorate the happy couple’s getaway car
The most important role of the wedding party is to support the bride and groom. Planning a wedding can be stressful and frustrating at in normal times. The bridesmaids and groomsman are there to offer emotional support to the soon-to-be newlyweds. With the Covid-19 pandemic, planning a wedding is extremely challenging. The wedding party can help navigate important decisions and assist with any last-minute changes or rescheduling. Keeping guests safe is a huge priority and the wedding party can help find solutions to keep the party safe and enjoyable for all in attendance.